Here is a list of things that I ask before I start a project. You can bring some of the shots on a drive to the next meeting. Firewire or USB 2. Come at 6PM. From 6PM to 6:30 we have open floor. I will take a look at you footage and scan thru the work that needs to be done.
Sign Up for Mailing List for meeting notices
- Project Description: (Log Line)
- Hours of Raw Footage?
- Format of Master Footage: (AVCHD, RED, etc)
- Has it been transcoded to(ProRes or DNXHD)?
- Do you have a script? (in the proper format?)
- Do you have a log/que sheet?
- Do you have notes of any kind?
- Storage Requirements: (Estimated Size)
- When do you need it done? (ASAP, yeah right)
- Have you done a Rough Cut?
- Current Editing software:(FCPX, FCP7 iMovie, AVID, Premiere, Sony Vegas) (Mac or PC)
- Estimated Finish Time of Video:
- Budget: (if any)
- Audio: (Score, Sound FX, Foley)(Copyright ?)
- Did you use on camera audio or 2nd? (Dual System Sound /Double System Sound)
- ADR: (Automated Dialogue Replacement, or Additional Dialogue Recording (ADR))
- Contract: (non-disclosures(NDA), future rights, deferred money, credits on video, coffee at starbucks, gas money)
- Deliverables: (DVD, BluRay, ProRes, DNXHD, h.264, DCP, etc)
- Color Correction: (Davinci, Speedgrade, Scratch, Magic Bullet Looks)
- Final Audio Mix: (Pro Tools, Audition, Logic, Digital Performer, Reason, Prosonus, etc.)
- Misc: (anything someone should know, like you just got out of prison for a heinous murder of your last editor)
- Problem that you know: (Noisy Footage, Audio Problems)