Final Cut – Youtube settings
If you're a Quicktime Pro, Finalcut Pro, or iMovies user, check out the following tips on how to export your video files and get the best results out of uploading to YouTube and the transcoding of your files.
How to enter Options for:
- iMovie: File > Export > Compress movie for: Expert Settings > Share > Export: Movie to QuickTime Movie > Options
- Finalcut Pro: File > Export > Using Quicktime Conversion > Options
- QuickTime Pro: File > Export > Export: Movie to QuickTime Movie > Options
- In the Video section select the following:
- Compression Type: H264
- Frame Rate: 30
- Data Rate: Automatic
(if you choose to restrict the Data Rate, make sure to choose the highest value acceptable to you — more bits means better quality)
- Key Frames: Automatic
- Frame Reording: Unchecked
- In the Video section click Size and set Dimensions to the original size of your video (Note: HD resolutions – 1280×720 or 1920×1080 – preferred).
- Select Prepare for internet Streaming and choose Fast Start from the drop-down menu.
- In the Audio section, make sure that the audio codec is AAC. Always use AAC as the preferred audio codec.
- Once you've made all of these selections, click the OK button to save your preferences.
- Add a title to the video file and click the Save button to save your edited version of your movie. Your project will then be exported and be ready to upload to YouTube.